Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga - Private Lessons
with Gloria Owens
Take your yoga off the mat and onto the lake this summer, and experience the fun, challenge and serenity of SUP yoga!
Gloria now offers one-on-one Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga instruction on beautiful Lake Lillinonah (a serene spot on the Brookfield/Newtown border), or on a local body of water of your choice.
In this 2-hour sojourn, you'll learn to paddle and experience a private yoga class, floating on the lake and attuning to water, trees, sky, birds, sun, wind and yourself. This is an unparalelled experience of being in the flow!
Why do yoga on a paddleboard?
- It's a great full-body workout
- You'll get to intimately connect with nature, your breath and yourself
- You'll test your balance, focus and skill
- You'll learn humility and humor
- It’s adventuresome, wet and wonderful to do yoga on a paddleboard
- There's nothing quite like a floating Savasana (final relaxation)!
What you'll learn & experience:
- Basic paddle board skills and safety.
- Proper stroke techniques to save your shoulders and strengthen your core
- Gloria's tips and tricks for making SUP easy and enjoyable
- A relaxing, fun SUP yoga practice that is tailored to your skill and needs
- A floating meditation
- You must be comfortable on the water and able to swim. Expect to get wet.
- Equipment rental included (board, paddle, PFD, anchor, whistle, etc.)
- The whole experience, including equipment set up, paddling instruction, yoga instruction, relaxation/meditation, etc. lasts about 2 hours
- Wear a bathing suit and/or moisture wicking high-tech fabrics, board shorts or short nylon leggings. Do not wear cotton as it gets heavy and cold when wet.
- Wear Teva sandals or water shoes for transitions in and out of the water. We'll be barefoot on the board.
- Slather on the sunscreen and lip balm before you come!
- Bring a water bottle and sunglasses (on a chord, so you don't loose them), and a hat or visor if it's hot & sunny
- We'll be leaving all other valuables (wallet, phone, etc.) in your car
- Also bring a towel and dry cloths to change into
- Weekday mornings at 10am or 11am
- Thursday or Friday afternoons at 4pm, 5pm or 6pm
- Saturday or Sunday mornings at 9am
- Reservations required
|Including Equiptment Rental
||BYOB (Bring Your Own Board)
|First Lesson: $125
||First Lesson: $95
|Subsequent Lessons: $110
||Subsequent Lessons $80
|Package of 3 Lessons: $300
||Package of 3 Lessons: $210
Also ask about group paddleboard classes and pricing.
MORE INFO & RESERVATIONS:
Contact Gloria here at 203-981-1099 or email Gloria here