We are proud to offer the following special events and workshops in addition to our regular ongoing weekly classes. These programs are designed to help deepen your practice, expand your knowledge and inspire your most vital and healthful being! Click on the links below to find out more and sign up for workshops in our online store.
The Art of Meditation
with Rob Farella
Sundays, 6:00-7:00pm thru August 14th
This course will introduce you to meditation and its many facets revealing hidden treasures along the way. Whether you are a beginner or seasoned meditator, these classes will help you to rediscover your inner stillness and silence while building a deep understanding of the practice and its many values & benefits. Regular practice will help restore balance, generate deeper calm, boost your health & healing, increase concentration & productivity, create greater joy, and help you experience more clarity, creativity & purpose. Come join us in the beautiful serene atmosphere of YogaSpace for this mindful practice that will improve the quality of your life. We have chairs, bolsters, backjacks and pillows for your comfort. YogaSpace is also handicap accessible. No prior meditation experience is required.
Suggested dontation $5-$15, with any donation large or small appreciated.
Reserve you spot in the Art of Meditation classes here:
JULY 7/10, 7/17, 7/24, 7/31
AUGUST 8/7, 8/14
Stand-Up Paddleboard Yoga - Private Sessions
with Gloria Owens
Take your asana to the lake this summer! SUP Yoga is fun, cool and challenging. It's great way to expand your mind, mix up your workout and attune to yourself and nature!
Gloria is lifelong water baby and certified Kriplau Yoga and SUP Yoga Instructor who would love to share her passion for the stand-up paddleboarding & yoga with you this season!
Gloria and has two high-quality, stable paddle boards and offers personal SUP Yoga sessions on the lovely Lake Lillinonah in the Newtown/Brookfield area of CT.
SUP Yoga is for you if:
- You are comfortable in and around the water and don't mind getting wet. You should be able to swim.
- You already have some yoga expereince and are ready to attune more deeply to the elements and nature in your practice (water, sky, sun, wind, birds, etc.).
- You can come with an attitude of curiousity, patience and willingness to fall. Poses are generally more challenging on the board than they are on the mat and also a lot of fun!
- You're up for a full body work-out (paddling engages your core, legs, arms, back, etc. as well as your hands & feet).
- You have a bathing suit, water bottle, sunscreen and are willing to be unplugged for our time on the water!
The whole SUP experience takes about 2.5 hours and includes:
- Board rental & all equipment needed delivered to the launch area (board, paddle, personal floataion device, anchor, waterproof bag, etc.)
- Instruction and safe practices for lauching, getting up on the board, navigating, etc.
- Instruction on proper paddling technique to save your back and shoulders while cruising the lake for the perfect yoga spot.
- A fun & relaxing guided 1 hour SUP yoga class tailored to your needs and skill level. You'll learn how to discern your balance on the board, navigate yoga poses and transitions, go with the flow of wind, waves, and flat water, all while finding your zen on a paddleboard. If it's hot we can dunk in lake for a swim! To top it off, there's nothing quite like a floating savasna on the water! So sublime and relaxing!
|Type of class
||Package of 3 classes
|Private Beginner SUP Yoga Session
with paddle instruction & board rental
SUP Yoga Session,
bring your own board
|Group classes, parties, etc.
||Contact gloria for details & rates
SUP sessions are weather permitting and can be booked at a time/day of your choice. Also inquire about group instruction or travel to other waterways of your choice.
Are you ready to try SUP YOGA?
Email Gloria here to book a session and for further details.
Drum Story with John de Kadt
with master percussionist, poet & storyteller, John de Kadt
SAVE THE DATE!
Friday, September 23rd at 8pm
Join world percussionist, poet and storyteller John de Kadt for an enchanting evening of rhythm and story that will stir the heart and ignite the imagination!
John plays many instruments from around the globe and shares mythical tales from many cultures to impart wisdom & entertain. His orginal drum poetry is a compelling mix of rhythm and spoken word, which he often weaves with the words of the great mystics.
If you caught John with Brenda McMorrow last Spring, you'll understand why we invited him back to YogaSpace for his unique Drum Story workshop!
John is well-known in yogic and sacred music circles as a master musician and reatreat leader, who often performs at Kripalu, Omega, Bhakti Fest, etc. We are excited to have him at YogaSpace for this special night od rhythm, spoken word and wonder!
ABOUT JOHN DE KADT:
John de Kadt is an internationally acclaimed percussionist, poet, and storyteller. John plays ethnic percussion instruments from across the globe and has a passion for spoken word, whether it’s in poetry, song, rap, or story. He plays with kirtan artists worldwide and is a founding member of the well-known devotional group The Hanumen. Motivated by a love of the earth, community, and wisdom traditions, John’s poetry and story stirs the heart and awakens us towards a remembrance of ourselves and the wildness of the natural world. His sixth album, Speak, will be released in summer of 2016.
To find out more about John, his music & programs, visit, www.johndekadt.com
Check out one of our favorite videos, "Slap", by John de Kadt! Bet you can't sit still while you watch!
$20 Early bird pre-registartion before 9/20 Pre-register here
9/20 or at the door register here
All of our workshops are held at our new location,
78 Stony Hill Rd., (Route 6), Bethel, CT 06801
(unless otherwise noted)
See info about our new location here.