200 Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Certification 2018 @ YogaSpace
Empower yourself with a solid yoga foundation, deepen your practice and make teaching a reality. This Yoga Teacher Training embarks you on a profound journey of self-discovery; empowers you to listen to your inner teacher – the Sat Guru; offers a holistic, integrated, comprehensive training to build a foundation upon which to teach the ancient art and healing practice of yoga. You do not need to have the desire to become a yoga teacher to participate; this YTT is open to anyone at any level of experience. Many participants are simply enthusiastic students!
Who is this training for?
• Anybody with a sincere interest in learning the authentic meaning of yoga
• Serious yoga students who seek a deeper experience of personal practice
• Aspiring yoga teachers who want a solid foundation in the principals of yoga theory and practice so they can skillfully teach yoga in group classes
• Current yoga teachers wishing to fill their wells and receive deeper insights through continued practice and study
• Body workers and/or health professionals looking for a closer connection to the spiritual dimension of yoga and possibly pursuing this as ongoing education
This training will improve your personal practice (sadhana) as well as prepare you to teach mixed level group classes. Workshops meet once a month for 10 months plus one-on-one mentoring and field work; classes run from February 3 through November 4. The program includes in-depth exploration of yoga history, philosophy, teaching methodologies, anatomy, sequencing, breath work, chanting, meditation, the energetic body, Ayurvedic principles, and more! Our goal is to provide a supportive and nurturing environment to cultivate a knowledge base from which to hone your personal practice as well as provide the tools you need to help others do the same. Transformation is in the journey. You will participate in a wide variety of teaching activities where learning is achieved through discovery of experiential knowledge. This includes lecture, recording, group circles, practice teaching and partner work.
Who Is The Instructor?
Taught by Karen Pierce, this YTT curriculum has been developed over the course of Karen’s nearly 40 years’ experience to offer you a solid foundation in the art and science of teaching yoga. A life-long student of yoga, Karen’s style is based on her extensive teaching experience and her studying with multiple lineages, teachers and styles of yoga. Karen takes what is most helpful and meaningful from a vast array of different sources and styles. She is a master of progressive teaching and every class has an intention or sequencing (karma) that is unique. Karen works with movement sequencing (asana and somatics), breath work (pranayama), mudras, energy work, and the wisdom of Ayurveda (Indian Medicine) so that the yoga can be adapted to all levels of ability. As a Yoga Therapist, Karen works one-on-one with individuals honoring ancient yoga techniques while combining modern wisdom to identify imbalances and empower the person to progress toward improved health and well-being. Karen is the author of YogaBear: Yoga for Youngsters (Northword Press, 2004) and co-contributor to Yoga in America (2009).
• Paid in Advance = $2,700 (10% discount if paid in full prior to 12/15/17)
• Early Bird = $2,800 (paid in full prior to 1/3/18)
• Regular Registration = $3,000 after 1/3/18 (paid in full prior to 2/3)
• Installment Plan = 3 payments of $1,000 (balance due by 2/3)
• $250 deposit with Application (credited toward tuition)
• Tuition is non-refundable but transferable to the next YTT within two (2) years of the course for which you originally registered.
2018 Dates - Training Weekends – Sat & Sun, 10am-6:30pm:
• Feb 3-4
• Mar 3-4
• Apr 7-8
• May 5-6
• Jun 2-3
• Jun 30-Jul 1
• Aug 4-5
• Sept 8-9
• Oct 6-7
• Nov 3-4
What If I Have a Schedule Conflict and Have to Miss One of the Dates?
No problem. Most people wind up having to miss a day at some point. Participants have one weekend of excused absence.
How Can I Make Up the Material?
It’s not possible for us to condense and reiterate the entire weekend’s worth of practicum when you're absent. However you are responsible for the material that was covered during your absence. What you can do is get the notes from one of your classmates. Participating in study groups helps a lot too. If, after getting the notes, you're feeling lost, you can hire a member of the Yogaspace training faculty to work with you privately.
What If I Have To Miss Two Weekends?
We do not guarantee a certificate of graduation to participants who miss more than one weekend.